Maple Leaf Foods offers co-op opportunities across our diverse business units such as Marketing, Information Solutions, Finance, Product Development, Food Safety and Quality Assurance, and more! Our Co-op Program is a great learning opportunity for passionate and driven students who are looking to gain valuable experiences, build their skills and explore a variety of career paths.
What we offer
Being a co-op student means making many important decisions – but we want to help make this one of your easiest decisions, by providing you with:
- Exposure to senior leaders and internal and external stakeholders
- Training and development through Maple Leaf Foods' Leadership Learning Hub and through in-person learning workshops
- Opportunity to participate in taste testings of new product offerings
- Potential opportunity to be part of the New Graduate Career Development Program after graduation
- Competitive salary supported by flexible work hours
- Technology that allows you to work from anywhere, on any device
“The people, the culture, and the professional experience that left a lasting impact on me is what motivated me to join Maple Leaf Foods as a full-time employee.” –Helya Dehghani, PMO Project Analyst Co-op Student
DIGITAL INNOVATION BARN
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading Canadian protein company that has a history of developing top talent through its longstanding co-op program, which has had co-op students from more than 50 diverse programs of study. We understand how important a co-op position can be for a student’s professional growth, and we’re constantly working on providing students the best experience to accelerate their career.
The Digital Innovation Barn is a four- to eight-month hackathon program which aims to bring new talent to the forefront, allowing them to change the status quo and bring new innovation to Maple Leaf Foods. Students in the Digital Innovation Barn have complete ownership of building a solution from start to finish by engaging key stakeholders and working with senior leaders and subject matter experts. Many of the past solutions built by the co-op students have been deployed across various locations. Check out our Digital Innovation website (built by co-op students) to see the projects past co-op students have worked on!
Want to search for a job now? Get started
WHEN TO APPLY
Co-op students are recruited during three different periods of the year (Fall, Winter and Summer).
- May and June for fall placements
- September and October for winter placements
- January and February for summer placements
How to apply
Co-op positions across the various departments of Maple Leaf Foods are posted at universities and college job boards across Canada. Look for these positions at your institution’s co-op office.