The purpose of the Graduate Geologist is to provide a range of support, partner with the business and develop your Geology experience.
The purpose of the graduate program is to develop experience and gain exposure within the site geological teams including Discovery (Exploration), Resource Definition and Mining.
- We offer competitive salaries, bonus structures and future growth
- Location: Red Lake, Canada
- Start your journey with Evolution and contribute to the company’s Vision, Goals and Values
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity, offering exceptional career environments at our Sites and our Group Office, that are challenging, rewarding and fun for all employees. We are regularly supporting our employees’ work-life integration and provide a stimulating and inclusive environment to foster development.
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth-focused globally relevant gold company. We were created in late 2011 and operate five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada. In addition, we hold an economic interest in the Ernest Henry copper-gold mine in Queensland.
We are committed to supporting the communities in which we operate, with local applicants encouraged to apply.
The safety, health and wellbeing of our people and the communities in which we operate are of paramount importance to us. We believe that every injury is preventable, and we are committed to providing a healthy and safe workplace and empowering our people to stop any unsafe behaviour, enabling everyone to work together towards an injury free workplace.
About our Operation
Our Red Lake Operation is located in an area where you will experience the best in Northern lifestyle, in the heart of a lake-studded, boreal forest region in Sunset Country. Red Lake is known for its natural beauty, abundant wildlife, and incredible Canadian fishing in the many freshwater lakes in the area. The Red Lake district is located 180 kilometers north of Dryden about 100 kilometers from the Manitoba border in North-western Ontario, Canada. It spans 42,000 hectares and has produced over 29 million ounces of gold since 1949. Our Red Lake Operation includes the Red Lake and Campbell underground mining and processing complexes, and Cochenour, a potential new source of ore. As Evolution’s newest asset and our first in North America, we are excited by the opportunities here.
About the role
The Graduate Geologist role key result areas include:
- Develop and maintain strong and supportive relationships with stakeholders to align with Evolutions Discovery & Geology initiatives.
- Gain Evolution Mine Site and Exploration experience within the Discovery & Geology Functions via site placement and exposure.
- Build technical understanding of a gold ore-body and the processes and techniques involved with the exploration, definition, and extraction of gold.
- Develop an understanding of key geologic criteria to look for when investigating a gold mineral system.
- Communicate with stakeholders including technical colleagues, mining engineers, surveyors, operators, field and support staff and contractors
- Support and aid daily activities within the Geology teams, which may include:
- Collecting samples and geology information
- Geological mapping in remote areas.
- Supervision of drill rigs and contractors
- Logging of drill core or chips
- Data compilation and validation
- Data interpretation
- Qualifications in Science majoring in Geology. Geoscience, Geophysics (Honours strongly preferred) or similar degree within the last 3 years
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Strong attention to detail; with an eye for detail
- Strong learning orientation to build insights, capability and adaptability
- Energetic, ambitious and results orientated
- Personally, accountable for behaviours and outcomes
- Outcome focused and ability to deliver to agreed timeframes
Closing Date: January 15th, 2022
We thank you for taking the time to submit your application. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
External candidates can apply online by visiting https://careers.evolutionmining.com.au
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to build our team. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who will appreciate what you bring to the table. You will set and achieve goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape and contribute to the Evolution vision. As an equal opportunity employer, Evolution is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.