New Grad Sales Development Program
JOB SUMMARY AND MISSION
A one year rotational training program designed to prepare an individual for an outside sales career with WESCO Distribution. Performance will be evaluated throughout the year in various business units and departments with potential placement in an outside sales position.
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The participant will work in all areas of one or more of our branch locations and will learn through on the job training and classroom instruction in the following areas:
1. Warehouse Operations, Branch Administration, Product Applications, Outside and Inside Sales, Business Development, Inventory control, Audit.
2. Additional training will be provided in the following areas: Financial Services, Marketing, Supplier Relations, Pricing, Global Accounts, and Procurement with an emphasis on using LEAN Principles to support our Continuous Improvement Culture.
3. Participants will participate in centralized classroom and online instruction throughout the year and will develop a solution-focused presentation on a WESCO related issue to peers and company leaders.
4. Additionally, the participant will work on a variety of projects to support branches and the business unit.
Perform other duties as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Demonstrated strong sales presence – consultative with the ability to close the sale
- Must be very organized and able to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to relocate anywhere in Canada for training and/or placement
- Must be able to travel – local, national and to the United States
- Bachelors Degree required in related field
- Interest in outside sales required
- Experience working for an industrial distributor, contractor or supplier preferred
- Internship or prior outside sales experience preferred
Please email your resume to email@example.com and indicate Job ID# IRC166190 - TalentEgg in the subject line.