Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk in the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Mason is one of our Store Associates. He provides ongoing, prompt, courteous service to all customers, and he does it with style and a deep sense of sincerity. He's also responsible for replenishing our fixtures, bunks, and shelves, processing and preparing merchandise for our sales floor, and helping to process new shipments and organize our warehouse area. Sure, he had six months of retail and one year of shipping and receiving experience before coming to us, but experience doesn't give you the kind of deep-seated respect for others that Mason has.
Of course, he also has a passion for bungee jumping.
But that's Mason. He is one of us.
But know this. If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Mason, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Store Associates, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Understand and be knowledgeable of BEST operational standards and monitor service-area performance against these standards
- Replenish fixtures, bunks, and shelves in an orderly and accurate manner
- Execute merchandising policies and maintain standards
- Complete markdowns in a timely and accurate manner
- Initiate and participate in store recovery as needed
- Process and prepare merchandise for the sales floor utilizing the principles of WorkSmart
- Be responsible for the daily processing of shipments, organization, and set-up of the warehouse area, keeping with all policies and procedures and in a clean and safe manner, and perform maintenance/stock duties when required.
- Demonstrate a high degree of customer service while processing all refunds, exchanges, and purchases in accordance with our guidelines
- Be responsible for the daily administration of store funds in and out of the cash office
- Monitor the adherence to all company policies and procedures with regard to registers and cash office procedures
- Ensure that all registers are processed accurately and that all funds are balanced and verified daily
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You have six months of experience in a retail environment and one year of experience in a stock, warehouse, shipping and receiving, distribution, or processing environment, all which you can use to build a stable and bright future here at TJX Canada
- You possess excellent verbal- and written-communication skills
- You have the ability to set up and maintain a warehouse environment and the capacity to perform minor repairs
- You possess sound organizational and time-management skills
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.