Sales Associate, Full-Time, Winners, Beacon Hill
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team?
TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States; TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Mason is one of our Store Associates. He provides ongoing, prompt, courteous service to all customers, and he does it with style and a deep sense of sincerity. He's also responsible for replenishing our fixtures, bunks, and shelves, processing and preparing merchandise for our sales floor, and helping to process new shipments and organize our warehouse area. Sure, he had six months of retail and one year of shipping and receiving experience before coming to us, but experience doesn't give you the kind of deep-seated respect for others that Mason has.
Of course, he also has a passion for bungee jumping.
But that's Mason. He is one of us.
But know this. If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Mason, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Store Associates, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Understand and be knowledgeable of BEST operational standards and monitor service-area performance against these standards
- Replenish fixtures, bunks, and shelves in an orderly and accurate manner
- Execute merchandising policies and maintain standards
- Complete markdowns in a timely and accurate manner
- Initiate and participate in store recovery as needed
- Process and prepare merchandise for the sales floor utilizing the principles of WorkSmart
- Be responsible for the daily processing of shipments, organization, and set-up of the warehouse area, keeping with all policies and procedures and in a clean and safe manner, and perform maintenance/stock duties when required.
- Demonstrate a high degree of customer service while processing all refunds, exchanges, and purchases in accordance with our guidelines
- Be responsible for the daily administration of store funds in and out of the cash office
- Monitor the adherence to all company policies and procedures with regard to registers and cash office procedures
- Ensure that all registers are processed accurately and that all funds are balanced and verified daily
- Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
You have six months of experience in a retail environment and one year of experience in a stock, warehouse, shipping and receiving, distribution, or processing environment, all which you can use to build a stable and bright future here at TJX Canada
- You possess excellent verbal- and written-communication skills
- You have the ability to set up and maintain a warehouse environment and the capacity to perform minor repairs
- You possess sound organizational and time-management skills
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.