Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk in the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working as a District Coordinator with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Cassie works as one of our District Coordinators, which means she's in charge of coordinating tasks and ensuring the smooth flow of paper, schedules, telephone calls, and meeting requests in her district office. She mainly provides administrative support to her managers, but she also organizes. Basically, when it comes to getting things done in her district, Cassie's the person to talk to.
Of course, it helps that she is the oldest of eleven sisters. If she could coordinate them, she can coordinate anything.
This is Cassie. She is one of us.
But know this. If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Cassie, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our District Coordinators, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Coordinate meetings and maintain management's calendar and daily schedules
- Assist with special projects (i.e. open houses, inventory preparation, management meetings)
- Liaise with Regional Office, Home Office, and Stores
- Ensure the smooth flow of paper, schedules, telephone calls, and meeting requests
- Handle memos and correspondence and communicate pertinent information within appropriate departments
- Organize event details such as menus, accommodation, audiovisual equipment, upgrades, agendas, maps, and travel
- Track vacation, floater, and sick days, as well as overtime hours, for management's direct reports; and submit payroll time-sheets
- Work with standard spreadsheets and word processing packages
- Perform Health & Safety audits and recommend necessary action
- Gather, tabulate, and report weekly Store/District information
- Communicate all new hires, transfers, and terminations for the district to the Regional Office
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You are fluent in English (if applying for a position in Quebec, you must also be fluent in French)
- You possess complete working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, Lotus Notes Organizer and Email, and Intranet
- You have basic knowledge of finance
- Your administrative expertise includes general administrative duties such as photocopying, filing, distributing mail, scheduling appointments, maintaining room bookings, managing equipment (fax machines, printers), creating reports, memos, and letters, coordinating travel arrangements, etc.
- You have communication skills to write interoffice memos, reports, etc., and verbal skills for the telephone
- Your issue-management skills include time management (multitasking; prioritizing), conflict management (i.e. satisfying several different time schedules), attention to detail, problem solving, decision making, and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- You work effectively with minimal supervision
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.