Softchoice's mission is simple: to help organizations use technology to become more productive, more competitive and ultimately, more successful. We want to clarify the complexities of technology and provide the resources to push the boundaries of what IT can do for the more than 14,000 businesses we serve across North America. But if you were to ask our partners and customers, they'd tell you what truly makes us different is our people!
Our employees have and continue to be the driving force behind everything we do. Our people innovate; they create new offerings and services and they continue to drive new levels of efficiency in our business. Overall, these exceptional people are living our values, working together to find ways to innovate and making a difference in our customers' business, each and every day!
Sound like you could be part of this outstanding team?
Then read on...
To ensure visitors to the offices note above are greeted and taken care of in the "Softchoice way". The Visitor Coordinator is also responsible for creating a great (first) impression that reflects the Softchoice image and values. He/She will also be assisting with office-wide administrative duties including office supply ordering, caterer co-ordination and sorting incoming mail.
- Acts as a Host/Hostess by greeting and qualifying visitors to Softchoice
- Cares for our guests while they are waiting
- Manages the main "Welcome" area; ensuring a tidy and comfortable appearance
- Issues visitor tags and maintains a record of all visitors to Softchoice
- Uses the paging system for deliveries, guests etc
- Orders office supplies & ensures basic supplies are well stocked
- Sorts incoming mail; accepts small packages at the main entrance
- Compiles and maintains company internal phone lists; ensuring up-to-date contact information is available for the Welcome area and the boardrooms
- Assists with other administrative tasks (ie. business cards)
- Greets caterers and ensures that food is brought to the right location
- Works with the facilities team to ensure that meeting rooms are properly set up for large/important meetings
- Ensures coffee service is available in main meeting area first thing in the morning every day
- Coordinates/assists the monthly Beer cart and Snack Cart schedule
- Coordinates data entry for security "prox card" system
- Ensures all visitors are registered and have visitor badges
- Ensures visitors are in compliance with parking policy;
- Ensures that visitors are "checked out" upon leaving softchoice
- Ensures that all visitors are accounted for in the event of an evacuation
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Bilingual - French and English
- Pleasant demeanor and comfort with handling guests and strangers
- Proficient in MS Office programs
- Ability to multi-task and potentially deal with several people and tasks at once
- Good Organizational and scheduling skills
- Experience with coordinating/handling caterers is an asset
- Helpfulness and "can-do" attitude
- Able to display strong initiative; creativity skills an asset
We would like to thank you personally for applying to Softchoice.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
Again, thank you for your interest in a career at Softchoice!