Microsoft Systems Center Engineer
Softchoice’s mission is simple: to help organizations use technology to become more productive, more competitive and ultimately, more successful. We want to clarify the complexities of technology and provide the resources to push the boundaries of what IT can do for the more than 14,000 businesses we serve across North America. But if you were to ask our partners and customers, they’d tell you what truly makes us different is our people!
Our employees have and continue to be the driving force behind everything we do. Our people innovate; they create new offerings and services and they continue to drive new levels of efficiency in our business. Overall, these exceptional people are living our values, working together to find ways to innovate and making a difference in our customers’ business, each and every day! Sound like you could be part of this outstanding team? Then read on…
This position performs technical services for clients of Softchoice. As a Systems Engineer, you will be providing technical design and support services to Microsoft customers. In this support capacity you will: help design Microsoft Solutions; assist customers with the configuration of Microsoft products; create configurations based on engineering designs; provide emergency support to Customer Engineering, Management and sales teams; set up equipment for demonstrations to existing and prospective customers and sales teams.
- Deliver varied duration projects for clients in multiple industry verticals, and earning Trusted Advisor status with customers
- Perform systems design and solution delivery engagements, including creation of documentation for presentation to client
- Troubleshoot operational problems by using a variety of hardware/software troubleshooting techniques
- Achieve objectives as set out in the personal development plan, and participate in a formal review at least twice annually.
- Maintain required Microsoft certifications
- Proven track record in technology consulting, or experience in a solutions delivery capacity
- Must have good technical expertise in Active Directory
- Deep knowledge in 2 or more of the following technologies:
- System Center Configuration Manager
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, Server and Desktop automated deployment
- Microsoft App-V and Med-V
- System Center Virtual Machine Manager
- System Center Operations Manager
- System Center Service Manager
- Technical scripting knowledge to compliment project delivery
- Extensive experience with Package Creation & Advertising (including ramifications of the various options that are available)
- Experience with configuring and migrating to Windows Azure is an asset
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Strong communication, listening, and consulting skills
We would like to thank you personally for applying to Softchoice. Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
Again, thank you for your interest in a career at Softchoice!
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.