Associate Support Engineer
Softchoice's mission is simple: to help organizations use technology to become more productive, more competitive and ultimately, more successful. We want to clarify the complexities of technology and provide the resources to push the boundaries of what IT can do for the more than 14,000 businesses we serve across North America. But if you were to ask our partners and customers, they'd tell you what truly makes us different is our people!
Our employees have and continue to be the driving force behind everything we do. Our people innovate; they create new offerings and services and they continue to drive new levels of efficiency in our business. Overall, these exceptional people are living our values, working together to find ways to innovate and making a difference in our customers' business, each and every day!
Sound like you could be part of this outstanding team? Then read on...
We are looking for a Junior Unified Communications support analyst to join our experienced and highly regarded Technical Support Centre to further enhance this industry leading offering. The role will require a mix of technical excellence, good communication skills and process knowledge in order to support and manage our customer's voice environments.
- Monitor and analyse customer's environments, providing recommendations for continuous improvements
- Complete standard MAC's for all managed customers, following documented processes
- Maintain, modify, and troubleshoot Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Unity Connection, Unified Contact Center Express applications and gateways
- Provide guidance to customers through the 'Configuration Mentorship' program
- Diagnose, detect, and repair Cisco Unified Communications Manager application faults
- Define and document processes and procedures in compliance with ISO and ITIL specifications
- Use knowledge to provide risk analysis and recommendations
- Ensure that department policies and procedures are adhered to
- Providing tier 1 support for all customers (external and internal), incident documentation through use of a CRM system
- Monitor customer hardware and respond to alerts
- Escalate any potential problems and client support issues as per SLA contract
- Handling customer cases through its entirety providing service that is in line with company's vision
- Coordinate with other Softchoice departments, partners and 3rd party vendors to managed resolution on behalf of customers
- Participate in monthly customer support reviews as required
- Ability to work varied shifts & flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays as required, sometimes on short-notice due to the nature of a 24x7 operation
- 1+ years of experience working with Cisco Unified Communications Portfolio;
- 1+ years analyzing, testing and troubleshooting Cisco Voice Telephony issues
- 1+ years of Cisco Network /IP Telephony administration and support
- Hands on experience with Monitoring and Service ticketing tools
- Advanced troubleshooting Skills
- CCNA Voice Certification
- Desire to work towards a CCNP Voice Designation
General Skills and Experience:
- Self-starter, and be able to manage expectations with customers
- Ability to read, write and speak English to effectively communicate with colleagues, customers, suppliers --- in person, on phone, and by written communications
- Strong communication skills and a strong sense of urgency
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills; client-centric, professional, friendly, courteous
- A positive attitude and desire to build a business within a business
We would like to thank you personally for applying to Softchoice. Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
Again, thank you for your interest in a career at Softchoice!
Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.