Inventory Control Clerk
The retail drugstore in Canada has evolved; it's no longer just about dispensing pills to patients. At Rexall, we're integrating the successes of our past with innovations for our future, with a goal of becoming Canada's complete healthy daily living destination for the health conscious young family. With a long-standing reputation of respect and trust, Rexall's ability to deliver high-quality services and products is grounded in our core values and guiding principles. Our employees have established themselves as leaders in the field and it's easy to see why we've emerged as Canada's fastest-growing drugstore.
Rexall is proudly Canadian-owned and operated, with over 462 convenient locations in Central and Western Canada and more than 8,700 employees.
Reporting to the Inventory Control Supervisor, the Inventory Control Clerk is responsible for monitoring perpetual inventory, running perpetual inventory reports, and investigating store perpetual inventory variances.
- Responsible for running perpetual inventory (PI) exception reports
- Review exception reports for identification of PI issues that need to be addressed, i.e. negative on hand, large inventory swing, inventory adjustments issues
- Responsible for investigating perpetual inventory on hand exceptions and initiating corrective actions
- Coordinate with other departments to resolve perpetual inventory variances. Work with Supervisor to escalate and resolve issues.
- Support Inventory Control Supervisor in the preparation of cycle count schedule
- Prepare/coordinate item counts for PI issues that cannot be resolved at Head Office
- Review cycle count adjustments for anomalies
- Review and identify annual inventory count variances that require investigation. Initiate correction or count to resolve variances
- Perform other duties as assigned to support KATZ Group Canada Ltd.
- Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Post- secondary education (business background preferred)
- 1 - 2 years Inventory Control knowledge and experience in a retail environment
- JDA - PMM knowledge and hands on experience an asset
- Experience in Perpetual Inventory data management and maintenance
- Knowledge of store operating systems and procedures preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be accurate with strong attention to detail.
- Project management experience considered an asset.