Student competitions and scholarships
Our student competitions and scholarships provide some other great ways to connect with RBC and bring out the best in you!
We are committed to education, providing over $6 million to date in scholarship funding to students across the country.
RBC Aboriginal Student Awards Program
The RBC Aboriginal Student Awards Program was launched in 1992 to assist Aboriginal students to complete post-secondary education, and provide an opportunity for RBC to strengthen its relationship with the Aboriginal community. Selected students are awarded up to $4,000 each academic year for two to four years to use towards tuition, textbooks, supplies and living expenses.
RBC awards 10 scholarships in two categories:
- For students majoring in disciplines related to the financial services industry
- For students majoring in disciplines unrelated to the financial services industry
The RBC Capital Markets Scholarship for Women
RBC Capital Markets is committed to fostering workplace diversity and supporting women in the capital markets industry. Through this scholarship, we aim to recognize and reward outstanding Canadian female undergraduate business students, who are interested in pursuing a career in banking and finance.
- The RBC Capital Markets Scholarship for Women will offer up to four scholarships per year, in the amount of C$5,000 each for students in their 3rd year of studies.
- Scholarship recipients will also receive an offer of employment for a summer analyst position at RBC Capital Markets in our Toronto or New York office (1 position available). Visit campus.rbccm.com to learn more about our opportunities.
- Scholarship recipients will be paired with a senior professional from RBC Capital Markets, who will serve as a contact and mentor.
The Next Great Innovator Challenge
At RBC, we are serious about innovation. We like to ask questions that start out, “what if we….?” and “why do it this way?” We are constantly looking for innovative approaches to every facet of our business.
We introduced the RBC Next Great Innovator Challenge in 2006 as a way for us to put our ideals into action. Today, it continues to be a way for us to tap into one of the greatest innovation resources this country has to offer: our students. Each year, we’ve asked post-secondary students from across Canada to answer a real-world business challenge and through that process have met some of the most creative, cutting-edge and inventive young people – with ideas that have the potential to shape and shift the future of financial services in Canada.
Through the Next Great Innovator Campaign, we’re living innovation, and putting into practice the principles of teamwork, idea creation and constant progress.Learn more and apply