Investment Advisor, RBC Dominion Securities International
With C$250 billion in assets under administration, RBC Dominion Securities is the Canadian leader in wealth management for affluent and high net worth investors, on both a discretionary and non-discretionary basis. While investment management is the core offering, our 1,600 investment advisors and portfolio managers also provide a full scope of wealth management advice and solutions, such as insurance, retirement, estate and tax planning and charitable giving to help our clients preserve, grow and transfer their wealth to succeeding generations.
The RBC Dominion Securities branch located in Vancouver, B.C. is looking for both new and veteran Investment Advisors. The role of an Investment Advisor is to independently attract the financial assets of financially successful individuals, families and small institutions. Working within the branch and supported by a sophisticated team of wealth management specialists, you will provide a wide range of investment vehicles and advisory services and offer wealth management advice. We are looking for individuals with strong prospecting skills to develop their own book of clients. This role is ideal for a high-performing sales professional with a strong entrepreneurial spirit who is comfortable in a commissioned sales role.
The Investment Advisor role extends far beyond making investment recommendations. Our advisors are wealth managers whose personal initiative is rewarded with lifelong, often multi-generational, relationships with clients who trust them to help them realize their most cherished life goals. The Investment Advisor role also enables you to build a business practice that fits your lifestyle and unique skill set, and the freedom and flexibility to build a service model that meets your clients’ individual needs.
What we’re looking for:
- You are sales-oriented, self-motivated/managed, disciplined, responsible, and empathetic
- You have a talent for networking and strong determination to succeed
- You enjoy the challenges of seeking out new clients through associations in the community and referrals from previously satisfied clients
- You can build partnerships with other RBC partners (banking, insurance, capital markets) to bring the best of RBC to your clients
- You are self-assured, outgoing and confident
- Along with having a strong sense of responsibility, you are extremely self-motivated and have a strong work ethic
For individuals who want to build a career in wealth management, RBC Dominion Securities offers industry-leading support, including:
- Continuous education and extensive training for new and veteran Investment Advisors
- A dedicated management team focused on helping you grow and manage your business
- Virtually unlimited investment solutions backed by top-ranked research, portfolio strategy that consistently outperforms the benchmark S&P/TSX, and Canada’s most accomplished Portfolio Advisory Group specializing in equity and fixed-income investments
- North America’s largest Wealth Management Services team to provide one-on-one
- RBC offers a variety of programs, policies and resources to help employees manage work/life responsibilities while meeting business objectives
- We take a proactive approach to providing employees with opportunities for a flexible integration of work, personal and community responsibilities and activities
- A comprehensive array of programs and resources are available to respond to employees’ diverse life and business needs. These may include: Dependant Care, Education Assistance, Flexible Work Arrangements and Training & Development.
Knowledge / Experience:
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit in building a book of clients through networking, cold calling, prospecting, referrals, and seminars.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Must be results-focused with proven success in sales and business development
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) and Conduct & Practices Handbook (CPH) is mandatory.
- Completion of PFP and CIM are assets.
- Must be fluent in English and one other language – Korean, Cantonese or Mandarin
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment:
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.