Fall Co-op, Global Equity Linked Products - Quantitative Modelling and Structuring
RBC Capital Markets is a part of the Royal Bank of Canada, one of the largest providers of financial services in the world. RBC ranks among the top five banks in North America by market capitalization and has one of the highest credit ratings of any financial institution in the world.
Internship opportunities exist within RBCCM for energetic, bright and talented undergraduates and graduates. The co-op program extends for 16 weeks and provides interns the opportunity to gain in-depth, hands-on experience while working and learning alongside our experienced market professionals.
In selecting co-op candidates, we look for well-rounded individuals with a track record of outstanding academic achievement, proven technical and analytical skills and a diversity of extracurricular activities. Other essential qualities we look for include strong oral and written communication skills, leadership qualities, initiative and the ability to play a key role as a team member in a fast-paced and challenging work environment. Fluency in more than one language is an asset.
- Support local quant and structuring teams in day to day tasks such as model and product testing and analysis, data collection, analysis and presentation.
- Implementation tools using VBA or other programming tools.
- Running of periodic reports.
- Graduate degree or ongoing studies toward a graduate degree in Mathematical Finance, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Sciences
- Strong quantitative skills
- Basic knowledge of mathematical finance and derivatives in particular
- Preferred VBA and / or C++ Programming
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Team Player
- Willingness and persistence to tackle complex problems and to see them through with appropriate solutions.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment:
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.
Join Our Talent Community
Want to be in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC? It's easy! Join our Talent Community and get the inside scoop on jobs, career paths, recruitment events, and more!