Sterile Processing Aide - (Casual)
Under general supervision, reporting to the SPD Lead and/ or Surgical Services Lead; performs routine duties in the Sterile Processing Department and Surgical Services Department including care and sterilization of instruments, reprocessing of flexible endoscopes and management of equipment and supplies. Sterile Processing Aides monitor the sterilization process in the autoclaves, cleaning process for flexible endoscopes, prepares case carts and are responsible for the instrument sets to the OR.
- Grade 12, successful completion of Sterile Supply Processing course, plus one (1) year's recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of surgical and medical terminology.
- Mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to communicate and deal effectively with others.
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
Quesnel is one of the central interior's oldest cities and home to the world's largest gold pan. Nestled on the banks of the Fraser and Quesnel rivers, Quesnel is the commercial centre of the North Cariboo. The major industries include forestry, agriculture, mining and tourism. Quesnel offers affordable housing, indoor and outdoor recreational opportunities and natural splendour that supports a balanced lifestyle.