Registered Nurse - Emergency
Reporting to the Manager, Critical Care, the staff nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care and nursing practice activities within the frame work of quality management and in accordance with the Prince George Regional Hospital mission statement. The role is defined by the needs of the Hospital, a select patient/family population, agency expectations and the goals for professional nursing practice.
- Graduate from an approved School of Nursing.
- Current registration with CRNBC.
- Postgraduate courses (within last five years) appropriate to service assignment or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to promote safe, competent, patient care.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the health care team.
- Ability to communicate, and maintain good public relations with family and friends of patients.
- Ability to recognize and intervene appropriately in an emergency situation.
- Physical ability to perform duties of the position.
PRINCE GEORGE COMMUNITY
Prince George is one of the larger cities in British Columbia with a population of approximately 75,000. Built on the confluence of the Fraser and Nechako rivers, Prince George is close to the geographic center of British Columbia and has become a transportation hub as well as an important link in the Asia-Pacific Gateway and Corridor. It is a major centre for shopping and a service centre for surrounding communities, as well as home to the University of Northern British Columbia. In Prince George, BC’s Northern capital, you are just minutes from being fully immersed in the wonders of our natural surroundings – this is a true outdoor person’s paradise. A warm, friendly and diverse population attests to our community spirit. You can be assured of discovering a myriad of entertainment and recreational options year-round, from heritage and cultural opportunities to good old family fun.