Registered Nurse - (Casual)
Care is provided using the Gentle Care Model. Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the nursing care of residents designed to meet their individual needs.
- Graduation from an approved nursing program with current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia/Registered Psychiatric Nurses of British Columbia.
- Valid Level C CPR ticket.
- Good working knowledge of the English language.
- Experience in gerontology preferred.
- Courses specific to dementia care from a recognized expert an asset.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize work.
- Knowledge of other employee duties under your supervision.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
BURNS LAKE COMMUNITY
The village is located at the heart of the Lakes District, in the centre of the province, an area boasting 4,828 km/3,000 mi of lake shoreline. It's surrounded by nature, including some of BC's largest freshwater lakes, such as Babine Lake North of town. With its myriad of lakes and a half dozen species of sport fish, the area offers anglers a multitude of choices and opportunities that are nearly endless. Burns Lake offers affordable housing and natural splendour that supports a balanced lifestyle.