Primary Care Assistant
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, this position works as part of an integrated administrative team by performing a variety of medical office assistant and clerical duties including word processing, scheduling, physician billing, data entry, composing and signing correspondence, typing medical and legal reports and documents from notes and/or recording devices. Answers general and specific inquiries related to programs and services from clients, physicians, staff and the public. Assists physicians and/ or clinicians with the smooth operation and flow for patient visits and care.
- Grade 12, graduation from a Medical Office Assistant course from an accredited Community College, plus two years recent related experience in a health care setting; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Valid BC Driver's License.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in fast-paced health centre environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and work roles.
- Ability to work as an effective member of an integrated administrative team.
- Ability to communicate effectively using all communication vehicles.
- Ability to type a minimum 50 wpm.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer word processing, spreadsheet applications and specialized clinical information systems.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize and understand Medical Terminology.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to follow detailed instruction.
- Ability to use a high degree of tact and diplomacy in working with others.
Chetwynd is located in the foothills of the Eastern slope of the Rocky Mountains. It is British Columbia's entrance to the mighty Peace River Country and is the natural transportation hub of the Peace River area. The area is rich in oil, gas, coal and timber and the local resources and manufacturing industries reflect these assets. Ranching, tourism and the service sector round out Chetwynd's diversified economy.