Nurse Aide (Relief Part Time)
Under close supervision of a team leader, this position performs certain routine procedures in caring for hospitalized patients and residents of Stuart Nechako Manor and assists in other related nursing assistant functions.
- - Grade 10 plus graduation from a recognized Long Term Care Aide program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- - Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- - Ability to deal with others effectively.
- - Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- - Ability to organize work.
- - Ability to operate related equipment.
Nestled in the Nechako Valley, on the banks of the Nechako River, Vanderhoof is the geographical center of British Columbia. The Vanderhoof Bird Sanctuary, along the route of the Pacific Flyway is considered a mecca for bird watchers. The major industries include forestry and agriculture. Vanderhoof offers affordable housing and natural splendour that supports a balanced lifestyle. Local activities include golfing, skiing, horseback riding, curling, skating, bowling, tennis, fishing, boating, canoeing, water-skiing, hunting and camping. There are seven elementary schools, one secondary school and several private schools, as well as opportunities for continuing adult education.