Mental Health and Addictions Clinician (Relief Full Time)
Under the direction of the Queen Charlotte Islands’ Mental Health and Addiction’s Team Leader and working with members of the multi-disciplinary team, will provide direct mental health and addiction’s care to persons with mental health or addiction’s challenges. Responsibilities include comprehensive assessment, intervention, monitoring, caregiver training, individual and group treatment, and collaboration with community care networks. Must have general knowledge of behavioral management, relationship management and psychopharmacology.
- Psychiatric Nursing Diploma / General Nursing Diploma plus one (1) year of recent experience with mental health and/or addictions treatment or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Current registration and good standing with either the CRPNBC or CRNBC.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities in the area of:
- Mental Health and Addiction treatment methodology, Co-morbidity, and community based programming with the ability to safely assess and provide intervention.
- Sound judgment, ability to make decisions independently or under pressure with rationale.
- Being mobile in taking service to clients
- Behavioral management.
- Strong written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Organization, including workload prioritization and problem solving.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of windows based software.
- Ability to physically and emotionally carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to speak in public and facilitate or teach groups.
- Active functioning within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Has own vehicle that meets transportation standards of organization.
Masset is situated along the shoreline of Masset sound on Haida Gwaii (Queen Charlotte Islands) and is the largest town on the island. Rich in marine history, Masset is one of Canada’s top destinations for Pacific sport salmon and halibut fishing. Local charter companies provide whale-watching tours, and the Delkatla Wildlife Sanctuary is home to a vast selection of migratory birds. The major industries in Masset include logging, fishing and tourism. Northern Health communities offer affordable housing and natural splendor that support a balanced lifestyle.