Mental Health and Addictions Case Manager, Adult (Term Specific Part Time)
Under the direction of the Team Leader, participates as an integral part of the treatment team to provide direct care to individuals by following Northern Health Mental Health and Addictions Harm Reduction Model of Care and philosophy of an integrated Mental Health and Addictions service:
Providing mental health and addiction services where the focus is maintaining clients in the
- Bachelor of Social Work degree or Baccalaureate Degree Social Sciences or Allied Health Discipline. One (1) year recent experience working directly in addictions and/or mental health treatment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Eligiblity for registration with appropriate professional body.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good knowledge of Mental Health and Addictions. Able to assess and provide interventions across both. Experience in community based programs preferred
- Knowledge of current psychosocial rehabilitation practice.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work independently as well as on a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize work and implement a plan of care, to assess situations and diffuse crisis incidents
- Knowledge of importance of relationship building, motivational and activation techniques.
- Ability to provide, assertive case management, using a range of clinical skills, and interventions.
- Ability to speak in public and facilitate or teach groups.
- Ability to provide work direction to others.
- Knowledge of community agencies and resources.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, families, all levels of staff, physicians, other health care workers and the public.
- Physically ability to perform duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment- Computer skills.
Located in the beautiful Robson Valley, Valemount is nestled between the Canadian Rockies, the Monashee Mountains and the Cariboo Mountains. Valemount is the home of Mount Robson, the highest peak in the Rockies and the origin of the Fraser River. The major industries include forestry, ranching, and tourism.