Lpn Team Leader (Head Care Aide) (Casual)
Under the direction of the Clinical Care Coordinator or Registered Nurse this position will provide supervision to care staff, perform nursing duties within the Licensed Practical Nurse full scope of practice. Will promote optimal functional status of the client while allowing clients to have personal choice. These functions are carried out under the auspices of the NHA Mission Statement.
- Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses and holds a valid B.C. Practical Nurse License.
- Plus one (1) year experience in the care of elderly clients, including supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to physically carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Understands and promotes the philosophy of Gentle Care, Restorative Care and Elder Friendly Facilities, while using best practices in Gerontology.
- Ability to supervise.
Quesnel is one of the central interior's oldest cities and home to the world's largest gold pan. Nestled on the banks of the Fraser and Quesnel rivers, Quesnel is the commercial centre of the North Cariboo. The major industries include forestry, agriculture, mining and tourism. Quesnel offers affordable housing, indoor and outdoor recreational opportunities and natural splendour that supports a balanced lifestyle.