Licensed Practical Nurse
Under the general supervision of the Acute Care Coordinator reports to the unit registered nurse. Performs a wide variety of patient care activities such as attending to patients' hygenic needs, makes beds, recording of vital signs, collecting specimens for examinations, dressing wounds, administering enemas, transporting patients, answers patients calls, charts patient information, assisting with examinations and other related duties as requested. Once Pharmacology course, exam and practicum completed can be assigned to administer medications to ALC and stable medical patients.
- Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses and holds a valid B.C. Practical Nurse license.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Nestled in the Nechako Valley, on the banks of the Nechako River, Vanderhoof is the geographical center of British Columbia. The Vanderhoof Bird Sanctuary, along the route of the Pacific Flyway is considered a mecca for bird watchers. The major industries include forestry and agriculture. Vanderhoof offers affordable housing and natural splendour that supports a balanced lifestyle. Local activities include golfing, skiing, horseback riding, curling, skating, bowling, tennis, fishing, boating, canoeing, water-skiing, hunting and camping. There are seven elementary schools, one secondary school and several private schools, as well as opportunities for continuing adult education.