Licensed Practical Nurse (Casual)
Under the direction of the Unit/Program Manager or designate and in collaboration as a member of a multidisciplinary team, performs assessments, plans and provides personal care, and performs nursing procedures. The LPN functions in accordance with the competency guidelines and scope of practice within the Standards of Practice as outlined by the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of British Columbia and according to agency operating policies and standards and unit specific protocols.
- Graduate of a recognized practical nurse program or equivalent.
- Current, full licensure with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of British Columbia (CLPNBC).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with residents, families, co-workers, members of the multidisciplinary team and the public.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work and implement a plan of care.
- Knowledge and competencies to work at full scope of practice as currently required by the CLPNBC including administering medications.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
DAWSON CREEK COMMUNITY
The rolling foothills of the Northern Rockies surround Dawson Creek where the sky is always blue and there is something to offer everyone. The quality of life in Dawson Creek is like nothing you have ever experienced before. There is no long commute to work and no one is in a rush. For most people the commute is two or three minutes and they go home at lunch time. Time after work is spent pursuing some of the many outdoor activities.