Laboratory Assistant II (A) (Casual)
Under supervision of the Chief Technologist, Laboratory, collects samples from patients, prepares laboratory samples for analysis and performs simple tests, such as urine tests.
- Grade 12, successful completion of a recognized Lab Assistant training program plus one (1) year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to type at 25 w. p. m.
PRINCE RUPERT COMMUNITY
Prince Rupert is a small marine-based port city with one-of-a-kind wilderness exploration and wildlife viewing experiences on Northwest BC's Pacific Coast. It's also a popular stop on various Alaskan cruises. Located 721 km (447 miles) west of Prince George on Highway 16, Prince Rupert is the land, air, and water transportation hub of British Columbia's North Coast, and home to some 12,815 people. The city is located at the mouth of the Skeena River, surrounded by Chatham Sound and many small, uninhabited islands. The area is perfect for exploring and discovering the fascinating history and customs of local First Nations people.