Lab Assistant II (A) (Casual)
Receives patients; collects, labels and sorts specimens, processes requisitions, performs related clerical duties, cleans equipment, collects soiled linen and performs other related laboratory duties.
- Grade 12, successful completion of a recognized Lab Assistant training program plus one (1) year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to type at 25 w. p. m.
FORT ST. JOHN COMMUNITY
Fort St. John is known as "The Energetic City," which reflects the large resource base of oil, natural gas, forestry and agriculture, and the vitality of their residents who are keen to live and work in a community that gives back so much. Fort St. John sits high above the spectacular Peace River Valley, Northwest of Dawson Creek and Southeast of Fort Nelson, where endless patchwork quilts of cropland melt into the horizon. Serving an area population of 69,000, Fort St. John is the hub of the Northeast with a new cultural center and library, theatre and art space. The main industries are agriculture, forestry, natural gas, construction and trucking.