Home Care Nurse/Long Term Care Case Manager (Part Time)
Home Care Nurse: Under the general direction of the Community Care Manager, the position uses independence and initiative to plan, organize, implement and evaluate professional nursing care for clients of all ages with chronic, acute, palliative or rehabilitative health needs in community settings. Works with community groups to develop resources, represents the program at formal and informal settings in the community.
Long Term Care Case Manager: Provides comprehensive assessment of individuals and their families that are referred and eligible for Long Term Care Program services, initiates and develops with the client, the family and other interdisciplinary team members, a plan for care, counsels clients and their families on issues that have an impact on their care, refers to other community resources as appropriate, evaluates care plans. May participate in community development and implementation of services for overall health care.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing from a recognized university preferred.
- Licensed to practice nursing in British Columbia under Registered Nurses Act.
- Three (3) years experience within last 5 years in acute care or Community Home Care Nursing or BScN and two (2) years experience within the last 5 years.
- One (1) year of recent experience working with clients and their families.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Valid drivers license.
- New Job Description to capture specific skills required with a pediatric clientele.
Chetwynd is located in the foothills of the Eastern slope of the Rocky Mountains. It is British Columbia's entrance to the mighty Peace River Country and is the natural transportation hub of the Peace River area. The area is rich in oil, gas, coal and timber and the local resources and manufacturing industries reflect these assets. Ranching, tourism and the service sector round out Chetwynd's diversified economy.