Home Care Nurse, Long Term Care Case Manager (Casual)
Under the direction of the H&CC Manager, the position uses independence and initiative to plan, organize, implement and evaluate professional nursing care and home support for clients of all ages with chronic, acute, palliative or rehabilitative health care needs in community settings.
Services include assessment, direct medical-surgical nursing care, case management, health teaching, support consultation liaison and referral in a case management context; ensures that the model of client self care and independence is maintained; participates in the administration of all Act’s and Regulations applicable to nursing functions; may supervise ancillary staff.
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing plus three (3) years nursing experience in acute and/or community or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current practising registration with the College of Registered Nurses of BC (CRNBC).
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal essential.
- Commitment to concepts of teamwork and empowerment of staff.
- Ability to give direction, teach and work independently.
- Ability to organize work and problem solve.
- Ability to deal effectively with and relate to a variety of cultural & lifestyle differences of co-workers, staff & clients.
- Physical abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Kitimat is a community of approximately 10,000 population. Located on Northern BC’s inland coast at the end of the Douglas Channel and large ocean fjord, Kitimat is surrounding by snow- capped mountains and was purposefully designed using garden city principles. The Kitimat area offers exceptional outdoor lifestyle opportunities including hiking, fresh water and ocean fishing as well as access to lakes, forests and mountains. Kitimat has 2 superb golf courses and offers nearby skiing opportunities. Kitimat is a welcoming, community oriented atmosphere for professionals and families, affordable real estate and a mild but distinctly four season climate in which to capitalize on fantastic outdoor pursuit’s opportunities in the area.