Community Living Support Worker
Works with mentally ill adults to assist them to stay in their own homes and out of institutions. Teaches life skills, monitors use of medication and provides transportation for medical and other appointments. Ensures compliance with Subsidized Housing Regulations for those individuals in Subsidized Housing.
- Grade 12.
- Social Services Diploma.
- Introduction to the Community Mental Health Certificate.
- Two years recent related experience.
- Valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s License.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to assess skill level.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
- Knowledge of psychosocial rehabilitation principles.
- Ability to develop, organize, coordinate, deliver and evaluate individual and group activities.
- Ability to instruct.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
FORT ST. JAMES COMMUNITY
Fort St. James is located on the Southeast shore of Stuart Lake. The total population, including the municipality itself, rural areas and First Nation reserves, is 4,757 people who benefit from an established forest industry and a growing tourism industry. The town is also a scenic gateway to a 300 km network of lakes and rivers.
Heads up! Employers know that top students and grads use TalentEgg. When you apply, don't forget to indicate that you found this job on TalentEgg.