Community Health Worker (Casual)
Under the direction of the Field Supervisor/Coordinator, and clinical direction of the RN Field Supervisor or Clinical Leader, provides home support services to clients in accordance with a pre-established care plan. Assists with activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, oral hygiene, planning and preparing meals while promoting maximum independence. Performs delegated tasks for which delegation of tasks training has been completed.
- Grade 12 plus graduation from a recognized Home Support Attendant/ Resident Care Aid Program or equivalent combination of current education, training and experience.
- Registered on the BC Care Aid Registry.
- Valid Class 5 BC Drivers License.
- Use of personal vehicle.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with clients, family, and care team.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Kitimat is a community of approximately 10,000 population. Located on Northern BC’s inland coast at the end of the Douglas Channel and large ocean fjord, Kitimat is surrounding by snow- capped mountains and was purposefully designed using garden city principles. The Kitimat area offers exceptional outdoor lifestyle opportunities including hiking, fresh water and ocean fishing as well as access to lakes, forests and mountains. Kitimat has 2 superb golf courses and offers nearby skiing opportunities. Kitimat is a welcoming, community oriented atmosphere for professionals and families, affordable real estate and a mild but distinctly four season climate in which to capitalize on fantastic outdoor pursuit’s opportunities in the area.