Care Aide (Casual)
Under the direction and supervision of a Nurse, performs and/or assists with the individual care of residents. Duties are performed in accordance with the policies and procedures of Northern Health.
- Minimum Grade 10 plus graduation from a recognized Resident Care Attendant program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Kitimat is a community of approximately 10,000 population. Located on Northern BC’s inland coast at the end of the Douglas Channel and large ocean fjord, Kitimat is surrounding by snow- capped mountains and was purposefully designed using garden city principles. The Kitimat area offers exceptional outdoor lifestyle opportunities including hiking, fresh water and ocean fishing as well as access to lakes, forests and mountains. Kitimat has 2 superb golf courses and offers nearby skiing opportunities. Kitimat is a welcoming, community oriented atmosphere for professionals and families, affordable real estate and a mild but distinctly four season climate in which to capitalize on fantastic outdoor pursuit’s opportunities in the area.