Packaging Development Scientist / Engineer
Packaging Development Scientist / Engineer - Mondelez Canada Inc.
Do you see yourself working for a company with household name brands and global recognition? Where people instantly know the products and brands you represent? Are you excited about the possibilities of what a global company can bring for your career? And, do you have the heart of an entrepreneur, with a deeply rooted desire to create, invent, and shape your future? Then we invite you to explore a career with Mondelez Canada Inc.
Who is Mondelez Canada Inc.? Well, you likely know us by our brands and past experience with campuses across Canada, but our company itself is new. Mondelez Canada Inc. is a snacks leader in Canada, manufacturing and marketing some of the country's best-loved brands. Mondel?z Canada is the Canadian business operation of Mondel?z International, a world leader in chocolate, biscuits, gum, candy, coffee and powdered beverages. The company comprises the global snacking and food brands of the former Kraft Foods Inc. following the spin-off of its North American grocery operations in October 2012. We are 100,000 colleagues around the world and a $35 Billion organization.
We're a company that recognizes the power of big. But we also understand the importance of small. We have the SCALE and RESOURCES of a $35 billion global powerhouse. With the SPEED, CREATIVITY and AGILITY of a startup.
With Mondelez Canada, it's the best of both world's - we're big enough to invest in great ideas. Small enough to still have them. We're a young, new, start-up company with the hearts of entrepreneurs and the strength of an established global footprint and world recognized brands. We are big enough to matter, and small enough to take big risks. And, our dream, is to create delicious moments of joy for all each and every day.
Visit our Corporate site for more information on our brands, our dream and our manifesto at http://www.mondelezinternational.com/
Packaging Development Scientist / Engineer - the role:
This is a Packaging Development RD&Q position in the NA Biscuit Category responsible for delivering against the packaging innovation, margin enhancement and quality agenda. The individual must possess strong technical skills and the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time. The candidate must demonstrate leadership and the ability to be a strong team player representing our technical organization.
- Experience working in a Research, Development and Quality function.
- Experience managing projects within a plant environment (Product Development, Process Technology, New Product Commercialization, etc.).
- Planning and project management abilities.
- Experience in package development processes.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in development, trials and commercialization of packaging initiatives.
- Packaging Materials: acquire/apply technical material knowledge to current projects; provide technical based solutions.
- Packaging Equipment: acquire/apply knowledge of equipment, operation, capacities, limitations, and potential mechanical shortfalls.
- Packaging Evaluation: acquire/apply knowledge of test methodologies for packaging materials specification development. Identify gaps within internal testing capabilities. Acquire/apply knowledge to understand critical criteria for in plant testing and defect level. Be able to recommend additional critical parameters as well as be able to outline procedures and work with quality teams.
- Product Packaging interactions: acquire/apply knowledge of product, process, and package interactions along with modes of failure to make material recommendations and narrow down variables during development process.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; able to effectively communicate to all levels within the organization.
- Ability to influence others and get results through working with a diverse team.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage complexity.
- Executional excellence, personal leadership, time management and problem solving competencies.