Specialist, Social Media Community
LoyaltyOne is a subsidiary of Alliance Data Services headquartered in Dallas, Texas. LoyaltyOne works with more than 100 of North America's leading brands in the retail, financial services, grocery, petroleum retail, and travel and hospitality industries to profitably change customer behavior. Through a team of businesses, including Precima and the AIR MILES Reward Program, each specialize in a loyalty discipline, LoyaltyOne designs, delivers and manages a suite of loyalty marketing services focused on consumer data, customer-centric retail strategies, direct-to-consumer marketing, loyalty consulting and more.
Furthermore, for the last 6 consecutive years, LoyaltyOne was recognized by Hewitt Associates as one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada, demonstrating LoyaltyOne's continued commitment to providing a great work experience for its associates and a great service experience for its clients.
About the Opportunity
The primary role of the Community Management Specialist will be to manage the brands’ social communities; including moderating all published content against specific strategic and campaign objectives, handling all non-account specific social commentary in both English and French and monitoring Brand conversations in all designated communities. The Community Manager will listen, respond to, facilitate and moderate all social environments in which the Brand is present as a way to increase engagement with, and grow followership of,AIR MILES' social communities.
- Consistently monitor all published content on AIR MILES' social media channels (programmatic and ad-hoc)
- Listen to discussions, postings and trends within the community (red flags, positive or negative sentiment) and advise on potential opportunities
- Respond to comments and engage when appropriate in order to build a positive community, adding value to the Brand and user experience
- Create social media content in partnership with agency and client stakeholders
- Develop relationships and collaborate with Partner Community Managers/social teams to enhance content, fuel discussions on social and increase community engagement
Position will be required to work inside and outside of traditional office hours, in order to read and react to conversation at peak times on social channels. Schedule will be determined collectively between position and his/her manager.
- College certificate/diploma OR Bachelor's Degree in one of the following disciplines: Communications, Social Media, Media studies, Marketing or Public Relations
- 1-2 years of on-the-job experience in a similar role required
- Comprehensive understanding of social media platforms and their capabilities/restrictions
- Must have experience working with various types of social media-based tools (schedulers or analytics based) – examples include: HootSuite, Google Analytics, Radian6, etc.
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make reasonable accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities in accordance with legislation.