Graphic Designer- 4 Month Contract
LoyaltyOne is a subsidiary of Alliance Data Services headquartered in Dallas, Texas. LoyaltyOne works with more than 100 of North America's leading brands in the retail, financial services, grocery, petroleum retail, and travel and hospitality industries to profitably change customer behavior. Through a team of businesses, including Precima and the AIR MILES Reward Program, each specialize in a loyalty discipline, LoyaltyOne designs, delivers and manages a suite of loyalty marketing services focused on consumer data, customer-centric retail strategies, direct-to-consumer marketing, loyalty consulting and more.
Furthermore, for the last 6 consecutive years, LoyaltyOne was recognized by Hewitt Associates as one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada, demonstrating LoyaltyOne's continued commitment to providing a great work experience for its associates and a great service experience for its clients.
About the Opportunity
As a member of the Corporate Marketing & Communications group, the Graphic Designer is responsible for applying graphic design to creative concepts an developing new initiatives from concept (under the guidance of the Sr Graphic Designer) to achieve a high standard of graphic design for various LoyaltyOne initiatives. This position is accountable for delivering creative products that are on-strategy and meet outlined project objectives. This role will partner closely with the Sr Graphic Designer and Marketing Copywriter to create and deliver tangible product.
- Create presentations for external audiences, such as presentation development for podium speeches tied to LoyaltyOne’s Corporate Marketing & Communications’ event portfolio (this work is done in collaboration with the Research & Development team and the spokesperson across various lines of business)
- Create presentations for internal audiences, for example, presentations for “all associate” events and aligned with the Internal Events & Communications portfolio (this work is done in collaboration with the Internal Events Manager and the spokesperson)
- Create pitch decks for use by Business Development
- Updating existing (and designing new) LoyaltyOne credentials slides
- Support the development of infographics and provide design support when required
- Create marketing collateral (print and digital), including sell sheets, white papers, case studies (ie flowing in the copy/images, concept development, etc.)
- Present proposed design work to clients, and achieve client satisfaction through clear communication with a product that is “on” brief
- Ensure graphic design artwork consistently exceeds client expectations by gathering feedback from Corporate Marketing Communications Project Leads and potentially project owners in various lines of business
- Ensure proper brand standards align with LoyaltyOne and/or the applicable line of business requirements by having all copy and layouts proofread before client presentation, and by educating oneself on brand standards as outlined resulting in error-free work
- Create working relationships with various Project Leads by identifying the working preferences of each individual, resulting in a product that is the result of a team collaboration
- Completed/completing Bachelor's Degree and/or College Diploma in graphic design
- Minimum of 2 years of directly-related graphic design work experience in an agency or corporate environment
- Solid experience using PowerPoint with the ability to create customer presentation decks with advanced use of animations
- Must have expert Advanced knowledge of/experience with InDesign (minimum version CS4), PhotoShop (minimum version CS4), and Illustrator (minimum version CS4)
- Strong communication (written + verbal), problem solving and presentation skills
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS for basic web pages and emails
- Able to apply good typography and design principles in both traditional and digital formats
- Please note: All applicants should be prepared to submit examples of their work as part of the interview process
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make reasonable accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities in accordance with legislation.