Business Intelligence Co-Op, Precima
LoyaltyOne works with more than 100 of the world's leading brands in the retail, financial services, grocery, petroleum retail, travel and hospitality industries to profitably change customer behavior. Through a team of businesses, including the AIR MILES Reward Program, that each specialize in a loyalty discipline, LoyaltyOne designs, delivers and manages a suite of loyalty marketing services focused on consumer data, customer-centric retail strategies, direct-to-consumer marketing, loyalty consulting and more.
Furthermore, for the past 5 consecutive years, LoyaltyOne has been recognized by Hewitt Associates as one of the Best Employers in Canada, demonstrating LoyaltyOne's continued commitment to providing a great work experience for its associates and a great service experience for its clients.
LoyaltyOne is dedicated to enriching the careers and lives of our associates which is evident by the following on-site amenities, including:
- Free on-site Starbucks coffee
- Subsidized café with healthy food options
- On-site gym, massage therapy and gym classes
- Games room
- Public transit discounts
- Company wide volunteer event and charitable matching donations
To find out more about our unique corporate culture, watch our Award/Associate Testimony video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMh1E4Ay4r0
Precima applies shopper insights derived from advanced analytics to help retailers and manufacturers drive sales growth and boost profitability. Using comprehensive fact bases of purchase data, Precima's experts help you improve your marketing and merchandising, identify opportunities for growth and align both internal teams and external partners to best meet shoppers' needs
Precima tailors the scope and pace of its solutions to the unique priorities of each client. The overall goal is to achieve not just tactical wins but long - term strategic gains, encouraging retailers to broaden the marketing agenda and fully explore the potential of sophisticated shopper insights.
Precima's roster of past and current clients includes many leading Fortune 1000 brands, among them some of the top high-frequency retailers in North America. Backed by first hand experience with leading retail and manufacturing organizations, the Precima team brings a remarkable blend of expertise in loyalty, analytics, marketing and management to help you make more informed and profitable business decisions.
- This role is within the Precima team
- This position is located in Toronto
About the Opportunity
As BI Developer Intern, you will provide value-added insights to Precima clients through the development, automation and implementation of reporting solutions to gain a deeper understanding of customer transactional data. Insights and recommendations will support the business objectives such as marketing strategy development and execution, merchandising/category management plans and ad hoc strategic and tactical client issues.
You will have a key role in supporting the client in executing against their strategic retail plans. You will ensure client servicing requirements are meeting or exceeding the client's expectations while building a strong client relationship. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Development and maintenance of advanced web based client reporting in QlikView or other platforms
- Assisting to lead innovation by exploring newest QlikView versions and functionality, implementing in tools and presenting via formal knowledge sharing sessions.
- Participation in requirements gathering, internal and external client meetings, UAT process and other tasks related to iterative development of BI tools
- Assisting with coordination of production schedules for client reporting deliverables. This includes developing business requirement and technical requirement documents in conjunction with the client team and technology partners.
- Participate in kick-off meetings for production projects to ensure alignment with Data, Analytics, Client Services, Reporting Services/Deployment and other key participants as necessary.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow within the role and progress toward future career development objectives along a number of potential paths including a focus on business intelligence, web application development, data modeling, deeper analyses, client relationship management, and/or marketing.
- Create and design innovative cutting-edge customer-centric reporting solutions for use by Precima clients. This includes dynamic dashboard and scorecard and user interface design in Qlikview.
- Participate in testing and launch of client reporting suite in support of client's customer-centric strategies
- Data modeling to ensure accuracy and efficiency of data relationships within reports
- Participation in creating, maintaining and updating customized training materials for client users.
- Work closely with Lead and Sr Developers in end to end report development.
- Work closely with Epsilon to optimize data preparation and flow of reporting deliverables
- Work closely with Consulting & Technology team to optimize data preparation and flow of reporting deliverables
- Work closely with Analytics Team to incorporate output of statistical modeling in reports
- Participation in business reviews to ensure understanding of retail business processes and products, data extraction
- Provide a consultative approach in delivering relevant ideas, solutions and results to clients and business partners via BI tools
- Integrate with retail client teams to operationalize existing and future processes for retail clients
- Work to build, automate and implement robust reporting methodologies that enable more profitable product, pricing and promotion decisions in support of partner customer strategies
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor Degree in any of the following areas: Engineering, Computer Science, Math or other related discipline.
- BI experience is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of SQL and database principles are considered assets.
- Understanding of basic UI principles
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent ability to be part of multiple projects/initiatives of varying size and complexity, while simultaneously meeting deadlines in a diverse environment
- Proven ability to be creative in managing client relationship
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Some overtime may be required