Analytics & Insights Analyst
LoyaltyOne is a subsidiary of Alliance Data Services headquartered in Dallas, Texas. LoyaltyOne works with more than 100 of North America's leading brands in the retail, financial services, grocery, petroleum retail, and travel and hospitality industries to profitably change customer behavior. Through a team of businesses, including Precima and the AIR MILES Reward Program, each specialize in a loyalty discipline, LoyaltyOne designs, delivers and manages a suite of loyalty marketing services focused on consumer data, customer-centric retail strategies, direct-to-consumer marketing, loyalty consulting and more.
Furthermore, for the last 6 consecutive years, LoyaltyOne was recognized by Hewitt Associates as one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada, demonstrating LoyaltyOne's continued commitment to providing a great work experience for its associates and a great service experience for its clients.
About the Analytics & Insights Group
The Analytic & Insights Group at The AIR MILES® Reward Program provides world class analytical solutions through the delivery of insights that enable our clients to build stronger mutually-beneficial relationships with their customers. The group works directly with the sponsors of the program as well as internal business managers to ensure the successful partnering with our clients.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Manager Analytics, this role is responsible for providing analytic support required for AMRP Campaign design, delivery and measurement. Leveraging past experience and campaign results, this role is responsible for providing best advice to Category and Marketing leads in the initiative designs to ensure we are driving the most impactful (ROI, response rates, etc.) and cost effective measured marketing efforts. The role also provides a substantial amount of ad-hoc analytical support to help the Rewards and Marketing teams make strategy and marketing decisions.
- Partner with Marketing and Rewards leadership in the high level design of marketing campaigns
- Provide subject matter expertise and experience as the company evolves to a ‘test and learn’ culture
- Complete Target Cell Sheet (TCS) on behalf of the Marketing and Rewards teams and work with the Campaign Analyst team to ensure the accuracy of the data extracts provided to the execution teams ahead of deployment
- Assist in the completion of campaign forecasts supported by pre-campaign analytics related to the associated initiative
- Support the opportunity identification to substantiate marketing business case proposal
- Produce results on testing, targeting, creative and offers. Work with the Marketing teams in the creation of post campaign reviews. Link analysis and results to the business issue and/or analytical objectives and in doing so, provide recommendations into what worked and what didn’t work to inform future marketing approaches that will drive enhanced business results
- Provide ad-hoc analytical support to the Marketing and Rewards teams as required to deliver insights to drive business strategy
- Provide Reward data and analytical subject matter expertise to CS, Marketing and other parts of the organization
- Develop innovative approaches to problem solving (where appropriate)
- Work closely and support the Marketing and Reward portfolio leaders in the reporting and analytical needs
- Collaborative relationship with broader Marketing and Consumer Insights team to understand and provide input into business strategies & objectives
- Develop relationships with all key internal stakeholders including Client Services, Marketing and Customer Care for any data needs with respect to Campaign results
- Develop strong peer relationships with other analytical groups within the organization to cross train on best in class analytic measures
- Work closely with Marketing Communication team in the formulation of campaign design and execution
- Work closely with Campaign Analytics team to ensure the accuracy of the data extracts provided to the execution teams for deployment
- University degree in Business Intelligence or Mathematics/Statistics or related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in quantitative data analytics, pre/post campaign analysis
- Knowledge of SAS data management languages/software and relational databases
- Proficient in SQL
- VBA, MicroStrategy skills an asset
- Experience in using Unica campaign tool
- Excellent business and loyalty marketing analysis skills
- Expert user of Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills - diplomatic, professional and composed
- Excellent listening, presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments at once · Team player with high energy and demonstrated initiative
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make reasonable accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities in accordance with legislation.