The terminology group helps product developers, writers, and translators use the correct terminology in IBM products and materials. The group currently has an open position for a Junior Terminologist.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Creating and updating terminological entries in a multilingual terminology database and identifying terms from an automatically extracted corpus that are relevant to translators
- Researching and defining new terms
- Using a terminology management system to create, update, or streamline definitions, and add other metadata such as parts of speech, grammatical information, and context sentences
- Using sound terminological principles, establish relationships between synonyms and other related concepts
- Importing new terminology into the database and exporting existing terminology into various forms of output including glossaries and bilingual dictionaries
- Working with writers and translators worldwide to establish a controlled vocabulary
- Command of English with proven writing and communication skills
- Education program: Linguistics, Terminology, Semiotics, or Translation degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- English: Fluent
- Basic knowledge in terminology
- Basic knowledge in Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Basic knowledge in writing skills
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.