Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's Employment Pathways to Interns and Co-Ops (EPIC) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
This Student Position resides in Fredericton and is a 4 month work term commencing September 2015
Main Responsibilities for Software Developer include:
As a member of the QRadar Integration Services Team, you will be responsible for the integration of third-party events and vulnerability data into Q1 Labs’ flagship network security management solution, QRa-dar.
As a qualified candidate, you must be able to:
- Research the logging/messaging capability of log sources and determine the best method for integrating them
- Collect, analyze, and classify sample log messages and create methods for parsing them
- Work with internal groups to implement, test, and document device support, including processing, alerting, and reporting capabilities
- Work independently and with a group of peers; especially cross-functional teams in a development environment
Desired Qualifications required:
- Experience developing commercial software using Java
- Experience with Regular Expressions
- Experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- Problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills
- Self-driven with attention to detail and quality
- Experience XML, XML Schema and Document Type Definition (DTD), Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) for manipulating EXtensible Markup Language (XML)
- Development experience with relational databases
- Scripting experience using an exhibited language such as Perl and/or Python (additional scripting language knowledge a plus)
- Experience with Subversion
- Demonstrated understanding of networking protocols and principles
- Knowledge of security best practices and methodologies
- Experience in security log analysis, application log analysis, and general log management best practices
- Knowledge of log transport protocols
- Experience with a broad range of Java technologies
- Coop or internship program enrollment an asset
What IBM Offers You:
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work is challenging and rewarding
- Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
- A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Future Blue - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
The candidate must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. The candidate should include a transcript (official or unofficial) to complement the application.
- High School Diploma/GED
- English: Fluent
- Pre-University qualification in Information Technology
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.