The IBM Guardium Platform development team is looking for a student to work with the team as a development engineer. Interested candidates should have some previous experience in Linux based products. Candidates should have some experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) or derived distros.
The candidate will work with a team that provides the base operating system (OS), Build, Installation, and Patch management for a Linux based software appliance.
- Maintains build system and adds or revises Revolutions Per Minute (RPMs) as necessary
- Implement Python, Perl and Bash scripts to provide various functionality
- Reviews code for standards and license compliance
- Diagnose and fix problems as they come up
- Coordinates with other groups
- Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems
- Resolves or assists with resolution of Level 3 Support (L3) bugs
- Self-guided problem solver and troubleshooting skills with the ability to multi-task on multiple different projects or tasks
- Ability to become productive with Development tools and methodologies (bug tracking systems, code reviews, version control etc.)
- Understanding of the basic structure of the Linux kernel, modules, drivers, and the boot process
- Organized, hands-on approach and sense of urgency.
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work under pressure and respond immediately to situations
- Proven familiarity with Linux and UNIX environments from a development perspective
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity or experience with RPM spec files and Anaconda
- Familiarity with Upstart
- Working knowledge in databases (e.g. ability to read, write complex SQL statements in Oracle, Sybase, DB2, Mssql, Mysql ...)
- High School Diploma/GED
- At least 1 year experience in knowledge of Linux
- At least 1 year experience in knowledge of Scripting - Python, Perl, Bash
- English: Fluent
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.