Software Developer, IBM Cloud Emerging Technologies - Internship
Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops (EPIC) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
This Student Position resides in Markham and is a 16 month work term commencing September 2015.
Main Responsibilities for Software Developer, IBM Cloud Emerging Technologies include:
- Support the development of a Cloud based Dashboard Rapid Development framework
- Develop sample applications and a dashboard SaaS application
As an IBM Software Engineer-Cloud and Emerging Technologies, the candidate will use the latest cloud based tools and technologies available to deliver state-of-the-art cloud services and applications. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that company software components are expertly designed, tested, debugged, verified, and ready for integration into IBM's best-of-breed solutions that help organizations improve their business outcomes in the global marketplace.
- Knowledge of Web technologies and platform
- Knowledge of Spark
- Understanding and experience of cloud platforms such as CloudFoundry, Bluemix, OpenStack, etc...
- Experience with statistical analysis and data mining technologies (Spark, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Mesos, Pig, etc…)
- Experience within an Agile environment
Desired Qualifications required:
- Experience in SQL and NoSQL experience i.e. Cassandra, CouchDB, MongoDB, and excellent knowledge of web technologies and platform
- Experience in cloud fundamentals and service models
- Coop or internship program enrollment an asset
What IBM Offers You:
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work is challenging and rewarding
- Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
- A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Future Blue - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/jobs in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. The candidate should include a transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.
- High School Diploma/GED
- English: Fluent
- Pre-University qualification
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.