Software Developer - Co-op
Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
This Student Position resides in Markham and is a 4 month work term commencing September 2015
Main Responsibilities for Software Engineer include:
This is an opportunity to be part of an international software development team responsible for developing software globalization technologies, contributing to open source projects such as International Components for Unicode as well as IBM's Cloud development platform - Bluemix.
Working under the direction of senior IBM software engineers, the successful candidate will implement selected software components and features. They will ensure that the implemented components are unit tested and ready to be integrated into the product. The candidate will also provide fixes to defects identified by the verification team during the software development life cycle. While the position is physically located in Toronto, the successful candidate will be working with a remote team situated in the US, Canada, China, and Taiwan.
Desired Qualifications required:
- Knowledge of the software development cycle and related tools and processes
- Understanding of software engineering
- Knowledge of Cloud computing and developing applications for the Cloud. Experience with IBM Bluemix is an asset.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills
What IBM Offers You:
1. Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
2. Work is challenging and rewarding
3. Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
4. A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
5. Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.