Software Developer - Cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) product- Coop
Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student position is part of IBM Canada's Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops (EPIC) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
This Student Position resides in Markham and is a 4 – 8 month work term commencing September 2015.
We are developing a leading edge cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) product intended for commercial use. Check out what you will be working on at https://hub.jazz.net/.
The successful candidate must have:
- Demonstrated technical skills
- Passion for technology and developing proven software
- Demonstrated teaming skills and show leadership potential; the candidate will be working in a driven environment alongside bright and technically savvy developers
- Ability to collaborate and team with others
This position offers an opportunity to further develop technical skills with a multi-disciplinary team of developers and professionals focused on the important new industry trends in cloud development and SaaS models. The candidate will gain real work experience with one of the world's leading software companies and be part of a team that is paving the way and helping shape and influence software development practices throughout the industry. The IBM DevOps Services project has it all and will result in invaluable experience with a real world application. Previous work experience and or co-op engagements on a web-based software development project are a plus.
- Experience with authentication software (Open Server Systems Operations (SSO), OAuth, OpenLd, Facebook connect)
- Driven, motivated, creative, and university students majoring in Computer Science or Computer Engineering disciplines to join our IBM DevOps Services (formerly JazzHub) team in Toronto (Markham campus)
IBM offers the Candidate:
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Challenging and rewarding work
- Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
- A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Future Blue - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
- High School Diploma/GED
- English: Fluent
- Pre-University qualification
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.