Quality Assurance Automation - Coop
Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
This Student Position resides in Toronto and is a 4 month work term commencing September 2015
Quality Assurance (QA) Automation (co-op)
IBM Cognos Sales Performance Management (SPM) business unit is the leading provider of incentive compensation and sales performance management solutions. Our product suite helps companies better manage, measure, and understand the impact of their commission, bonus and variable-based pay compensation programs.
Our product testing involves a mix of manual and automated testing, with a current team focus on expanding the scope of both. A demonstrated business background coupled with technical expertise will enable the successful candidate to assess and manage rapidly evolving functionality and complex business rules to assure the quality and usability of mission critical software.
About the position:
We are seeking talented co-op students that are passionate about quality to join the QA Automation team at our Toronto headquarters. You will be part of a creative and agile development team working on challenging problems in a dynamic environment. As a member of the QA Automation team, you will be critical to your team's success in delivering new automation scripts, executing them, and refining our existing scripts. As a growing team with ambitious goals, the challenge and complexity of the work you take on will be limited solely by your ability to deliver. As a small bonus, you'll also enjoy a variety of Development social events including video and board game nights, a Science Fiction book club, and release events.
- Participating in and supporting a range of quality engineering and reliability testing activities related to ongoing product improvement and new product development
- Execution of automated script
- Analysis of results, documenting and communicating test results to team lead
- Maintenance of existing automated scripts
- Development of new automated scripts to test the different functionality of our products
- Have the ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a driven environment
- Tracking problems through to resolution
Education and Experience:
- Working toward Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Passionate about Quality
- An understanding of product lifecycle and QA methodology
- Demonstrated understanding of Object Oriented (OO) Design
- Familiarity with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), C#, Java, or C++
- Previous experience with Selenium and any unit testing framework is preferred
What IBM Offers You:
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work is challenging and rewarding Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
- A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Future Blue - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
- High School Diploma/GED
- English: Fluent
- Pre-University qualification
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.