QRadar Information Developer - Co-op
Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for a candidate to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's Employment Pathways to Interns and Co-ops (EPIC) Student Program. This positions is only open to a student registered in a Canadian University or College program, who has completed a minimum of 1 year of their degree or diploma program, and is returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
This position is in Ottawa and is a 4 month work term commencing September 2015.
This position is in the Information Development and Design of IBM's QRadar or Forensics products. These products deliver an intelligent, integrated and automated security solution that provides complete, 360 degree security intelligence across your entire network, no matter how large or small. The candidate in this role will complete information development projects, and keep information deliverables organized and on schedule. The candidate will apply appropriate technical writing, editing, visual design and tools skills, as required, as well as, design and develop elements for user interface (UI), web, print, and other linear and non-linear information deliverables.
Responsibilities for QRadar Information Developer Co-op include:
- Write documentation for current and future product releases
- Design, develop and maintain online documentation for innovative products and services for Security Intelligence
- Collaborate openly and effectively with other writers, designers, developers, and product management
- Look for ways to improve the current documentation
- Produce multiple deliverables with frequent releases
- Maintain effectiveness in response to changing program requirements and incomplete information
- Be creative and efficient in describing complex technology and environments
- Take ownership and initiative when developing and delivering documentation that varies in size and scope, and communicate status proactively
- Ability to manage workload to meet specific deadlines
- Must work effectively as part of a team and be able to exercise independent judgment within defined guidelines and procedures
- Must be able to multi-task and manage priorities and adapt to changing work load requirements
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication abilities
- Coop or internship program enrollment an asset
What IBM Offers You:
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work is challenging and rewarding
- Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
- A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events
The candidate must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. The candidate should also include a transcript (official or unofficial) with the application.