Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for people to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet. The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or college program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
The candidate will have an exciting opportunity to gain professional software development experience in Java, Web & Eclipse, learn and apply agile software development techniques, and work with teams across the globe. This student position resides in Markham and is a 12 to 16 month work term commencing September 2015.
- Participation in agile software development processes and techniques
- Interaction and teaming with other software developers and testers around the globe
- Core Java programming skills
- Eclipse (Plugin-development)
- Object-oriented design and programming
- Demonstrate verbal and written communication skills
- Problem determination/debug skills
- Experience with Windows, Linux & Mac platforms
- Coop or internship program enrollment an asset
What IBM Offers
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work that is challenging and rewarding
- Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
- A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Future Blue - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
- High School Diploma/GED
- English: Fluent
- Pre-University qualification
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.