Growth Hacking Metrics and Analytics Developer - Coop
Are you a student of the world?
Are you ready to build your career, not just your résumé?
Do you think the world can work smarter?
IBM is looking for candidates to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the world to build a smarter planet.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position(s) is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
This Student Position resides in Markham and is a 4 month work term commencing September 2015
Main Responsibilities for Growth Hacking Metrics and Analytics Developer
The IBM DevOps Services growth hacking team is looking for a new team member! The team is responsible for using creativity, analytical thinking and social metrics to improve usability and usage of the DevOps Services site. You will work closely with development, design, product management, and marketing to drive changes into product code based on AB test results, metrics, and user feedback.
- Interest in analyzing user behavior through raw numbers and qualitative data
- Working knowledge of HTML, Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), Python and Node.js.
- Passion for user experience, user interfaces and design
- Experience with databases (Cloudant, MongoDB), data warehousing, and big data analytics (Hadoop, Datameer)
Preferred skills include:
- Excel skills (including pivot tables) a plus
- A/B Testing experience a plus
- Proven language and communication skills
- Statistical analysis and data visualization ability
What IBM Offers You:
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work is challenging and rewarding
- Access to obtain IBM Product Certification during work term
- A casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/start in addition to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Basic knowledge in working knowledge of HTML, Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), Python, Node js., experience with Cloudant or MongoDB, datawharehousing and big data analytics, excel skills
- English: Fluent
- Pre-University qualification
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.