The IBM Canada Sales and Distribution team is seeking a Client Representative to fill client facing consultative sales roles.
As a Client Representative, the candidate will be guided by IBM's purpose – to be essential. We live in an era of remarkable change and opportunity. Analytics, cloud, social, mobile and security are transforming industries and society. As the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, IBM is a leader in this global transformation and just the place to start their IBM career in consultative sales. Start date for these openings will be June, 2015.
The candidate will have demonstrated business acumen, the ability to discuss clients’ business environments, identifying their priorities and determining the most appropriate IBM solutions that enable them to succeed.
They will be part of a group of new consultative sales professionals. Their team will receive exceptional orientation, IBM training and development combined with experiences that will equip them with the knowledge and skills needed to make an immediate impact and achieve individual growth as a leader.
- Leverage industry, product and sales expertise to sell clients individually tailored solutions that create value and meet business requirements
- Prospect via IBM tools and other resources for new buyers and and new clients in new markets
- Identify and engage key stakeholders within IBM who can help advance opportunities
- Engage decision makers within client organizations to drive alignment and consensus on solutions
- Develop and execute long-term consultative sales strategies to generate new business opportunities; share insights that build and promote the IBM brand across the web and social media
- Negotiate and close deals by understanding, creating, and delivering client value propositions
- Continuously maintain and expand consultative sales, industry, and technical knowledge; use expertise to serve as a thought leader during client engagements
- Ability to learn and use innovative selling technologies (e.g., analytics, social media) to network, engage clients, and identify new business opportunities and ability to expand client base
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize demands from multiple clients while developing creative sales solutions that solve complex business problems
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen, business case development, negotiation and technical skills
- Demonstrated ability to build trusting working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Bachelor's Degree
- English: Fluent
- Master's Degree
- Basic knowledge in consultative sales and leadership in the IT industry
- Basic knowledge in healthcare/natural resources or other relevant industry experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.