Sales & Merchandising Specialist
As a family-owned farming company, Grimmway Farms is dedicated to customer service and brand integrity. We’re looking for new team members to promote and establish our new line of TRUE organic juices as well as Grimmway carrots and Cal-Organic vegetables. We strive to remain true to our family, true to the earth, and true to you!
PURPOSE: Primary responsibility is maintaining shelf presence, delivering in-store customer service, promoting brand launch, building regional relationships and coordinating demos. Our existing line of products currently retails throughout the United States and through this role you will have the opportunity to gain experience working in a dynamic sales environment. Working as part of a team of retail merchandising specialists passionate about launching an exciting new brand, you’ll be accountable for ensuring that the new and existing products are presented in the best possible displays to attract customers and drive sales.
- College Degree or equivalent experience (1+ year of retail merchandising experience a plus.)
- Dependable, extroverted, diplomatic person, able to problem solve successfully with wide variety of people and issues.
- Customer focused - enjoy meeting new people, learning about them and their business.
- Strong merchandising skills with a passion to grow brands.
- Exceptional professional work ethic.
- Outstanding organizational and follow-up skills and excellent written, oral and listening skills. Proficient computer skills.
- Ability to manage time and self supervise.
- Good presentation abilities.
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable vehicle (regional travel to stores in geographic area required.)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for building customer relationships with the ultimate goal of increasing points of availability, promotional displays, merchandising and ultimately, volume per outlet.
- Monitor volume per outlet to understand areas for improvement and reasons for success.
- Ensure best product placement and presence (eye level placement, high traffic, multiple points of distribution with premium merchandising).
- Organizing, rotating and stocking shelves during each store visit. This includes following a manager’s direction on transferring cases of product from the backroom to the store’s sales floor.
- Working as a team with your sales counterparts and management by communicating issues as appropriate, following your itinerary and being flexible with schedule changes to your itinerary.
- Visit key retailers based on a daily schedule planned with the Director of Merchandising.
- Report, on a weekly basis, results from retail visits. Reports will include but not limited to, date and time of retail visit, correct POS for all products, inventory count pre and post retail visit and any key follow-ups for next visit.
- Hire team to conduct product sampling/demonstrations on assigned weekends.
- Train and motivate customer team members at store level about product.
- Maintaining a professional demeanor with the public and store personnel when performing your duties.