Law Clerk, House Counsel
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
You will be responsible for the day to day legal and administrative support for Chubb Insurance Company of Canada’s (CICC’s) House Counsel by performing the following:
- Opening, organizing and maintaining legal files using ProLaw;
- Preparation of pleadings, motions, briefs and correspondence;
- Arranging discovery, mediations and pre-trials;
- Summarizing medical briefs and discovery transcripts;
- Docketing time, maintaining lawyers’ calendars;
- Typing legal documents and correspondence, as required.
- Maintaining office procedures;
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of department case management system;
- Processing file related disbursements;
- Processing of file expense summaries;
- Additional general office duties, as may be required.
- Post-secondary education with Law Clerk diploma, or equivalent;
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a Law Clerk; previous experience in insurance defence litigation preferred.
- Thorough understanding of the Rules of Civil Procedure and the litigation process in Ontario;
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and handle confidential information;
- Good computer and typing skills;
- Excellent proofreading skills with demonstrated excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to prioritize work flows and initiate processes.
If you are interested in this position, please contact:
Marta Benedet, Talent Acquisition Manager
At Chubb we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on jobrelated qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, Chubb will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.