Canadian Natural’s Thermal Oil Sands assets offer professionals with proven expertise, an unparalleled opportunity to enhance those skills in a wide variety of projects throughout the Athabasca and Cold Lake Oil Sands areas. Your initiative as a self-starter will be maximized inside our defined growth plan strategy by utilizing leading edge CSS and SAGD technologies on long term projects to capture the value in our vast portfolio of assets. As an Exploitation Engineering Student at Canadian Natural, your innovation will be welcomed and you will gain hands on knowledge and skills through working on world class projects.
How will you make your mark?
• Review well histories and recommend recompletions candidates
• Perform routine decline analysis for oil and gas wells
• Review well logs and tests, as well as calculate reserves
• Assist in the preparation of government applications
• Collect and analyze data
• Co-ordinate pressure transient test analysis
• Assist the area engineers in regular day-to-day exploitation responsibilities
• Assist in the evaluation of acquisitions
• Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program in Engineering
• Excellent computer/IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
Location: Calgary corporate head office or other field location
Term: 4, 8, 12 or 16 month term beginning in January, May or September
What we offer
• Company sponsored transportation from your school location to Calgary or to the field location at the beginning and end of the work term
• Competitive salary and the opportunity to gain valuable, hands on experience in the Oil & Gas industry
• Challenging projects that develop your expertise and prepare you for full-time employment
• Company culture that fosters a fun working environment, developing meaningful relationships, and continuous learning
• A ‘work hard, play hard’ mentality that ensures students have an opportunity to develop skills and add value while also partaking in special employee events such as Employee Day, and quarterly luncheons
Your application must include an uploaded Cover Letter, Resume and Transcripts (in ONE document). Please specify availability (4 month, 8 months, etc.) in the Cover Letter.
Your Future with Canadian Natural
Welcome to Canadian Natural Resources Limited – where we connect your abilities with our opportunities. At Canadian Natural, we strive to provide opportunities for you to contribute in a meaningful way and apply your academic experience to challenging and rewarding projects.
Canadian Natural is one of Canada’s largest independent oil and gas producers and we’re just getting started. We are looking for talented and self-motivated individuals with a strong work ethic to join our team and contribute to our exciting and growing projects and operations.
Currently we have no vacancies in this area. We are not actively hiring, however, we are seeking candidates for potential future opportunities.