Associate IT Support Technician (contract-to-hire)
- University degree or College diploma in Information Technology/Engineering Technology or related field
- Appropriate levels of Technical Certifications and relevant technical experience will be weighed equally
- Experience in object-oriented programming languages (i.e. Visual Basic .NET, C++) as well as Windows shell scripting
- Excellent written, verbal communication and customer service skills
- Strong work ethic and a positive team attitude
- Ability to take on responsibility and use initiative to prioritize
- Strong time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Basic level of knowledge of Networking topologies
- Ability to follow procedures and processes in a consistent manner
- Able to create and maintain documentation used by the support team
- Must demonstrate a high level of professionalism when working with customers with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Candidate must be able to perform well under pressure and in a fast paced environment - especially when customers are being unreasonable
- Advanced knowledge of mainstream operating systems (i.e. Windows 7), web browsers (i.e. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox) and Microsoft Office 2010/2013 office suites
- Skilled in troubleshooting a variety of hardware ranging from network printers to laptops and desktops
- Capable of self-managing their responsibility for assignments with little supervision
- Able to complete tasks on-time, and report conflicting priorities - even if extra hours are required on occasion
- Familiar with iOS devices (i.e. iPhones, iPads)
- Cross border mobility is required (valid passport)
- Willingness and ability to travel to various plant locations
- Normal office hours, five days per week
- Provide support coverage across various time zones
- Some overtime or weekend duties may be required
Please note: This position is a contract-to-hire
This role is responsible for providing timely end-user computing software and hardware support for all Bunge Canada locations and mobile users. The incumbent will be responsible for the installation, configuration, and on-going support of desktop/laptop hardware, software, and related devices. All of the support services are to be provided in person, via phone and remote control for customers all across Canada.
- Install, configure, and support local and remote end-user computing hardware,
- software, and related devices
- Adhere to hardware and software standards in accordance to Bunge’s IT policies
- Formulate and maintain all administration documentation including equipment
- inventory, asset management, software licensing and system availability for computer
- and network equipment
- Follow deployment and de-provisioning procedures for computers and printers
- Support customers in person, via e-mail, Online Chat and Phone (often simultaneously)
- Provide coverage for support requests across Canada
- Participate in the formalization of current and future processes
- Contribute ideas regarding new and emerging technologies, meeting department goals,
- and other tasks
- Work effectively as a team-member in office moves, software deployments, etc.
- Ensure all requests for service are handled on a timely basis, while maintaining a high
- level of customer satisfaction
- Automate existing support processes to help drive improvements and increase
- Prepare documentation that will assist users and other IT employees in performing new
- or existing tasks
- Identify and analyze gaps in current processes and systems. Select, develop and
- evaluate potential solutions (including the integration of new software tools)
Teamwork: Work as a team player with people in a manner that builds high morale and group commitment to shared goals and objectives.
Openness and Communication: Communicate with others in a warm and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport.
Organizational Capability: Organize and/or schedule people or tasks and develop realistic action plans while being sensitive to time constraints and resource availability.
Operational/Personal Effectiveness: Effectively manage time and priorities and work efficiently.
Coping: Maintain a mature problem-solving attitude while dealing with interpersonal conflict and time demands.
Decision Making and Problem Solving: Take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues and constraints; able to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics.